Welcome to my blog Upstate Girl, (a.k.a Follow Your Bliss Part II), I am an independently published author. This blog is all about writing and the stuff that inspires me to write, the joys and obstacles that come along with the writer's life, and my fascination with the psychology of people and what makes them tick...the human condition, as is...and my love for words, playing with them and making sense of them...and I throw in a few photos from my acre of the world just to make things pretty...sometimes there are things I have no words for, only pictures will do.

*Copyright notice* All photos, writing, and artwork are mine (
© Laura J. Wellner), unless otherwise noted, please be a peach, if you'd like to use my work for a project or you just love it and must have it, message me and we'll work out the details...it's simple...JUST ASK, please.

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Turn it up to eleven...

Exposed Roots, 1/1/2011

Three Trees, 1/1/2011

Abstraction, light and shadows, 1/8/2011

A tree branch in snow, 1/8/2011

A mouse imprint in snow, 1/8/2011

Abstraction, light and shadows, 1/8/2011
Leaves in snow, 1/1/2011
 
Abstraction, Shadows and Light, 1/9/2011
Lichen, 1/1/2011

Lichen, 1/1/2011

One, one, one, one
One, one, eleven...
Happy 2011...twenty eleven...
I keep hearing this phrase whenever I write the new date..."Turn it up to eleven..."
Wait, did I just hear Spinal Tap? I do believe I just did...

Here they are...the classic lines from This is Spinal Tap (regarding the number eleven...)


Nigel Tufnel: The numbers all go to eleven. Look, right across the board, eleven, eleven, eleven and...
Marty DiBergi: Oh, I see. And most amps go up to ten?
Nigel Tufnel: Exactly.
Marty DiBergi: Does that mean it's louder? Is it any louder?
Nigel Tufnel: Well, it's one louder, isn't it? It's not ten. You see, most blokes, you know, will be playing at ten. You're on ten here, all the way up, all the way up, all the way up, you're on ten on your guitar. Where can you go from there? Where?
Marty DiBergi: I don't know.
Nigel Tufnel: Nowhere. Exactly. What we do is, if we need that extra push over the cliff, you know what we do?
Marty DiBergi: Put it up to eleven.
Nigel Tufnel: Eleven. Exactly. One louder.
Marty DiBergi: Why don't you just make ten louder and make ten be the top number and make that a little louder?
Nigel Tufnel: [pause] These go to eleven.

...


And so, for 2011...turn it up to eleven!
A black dog in white snow, 1/9/2011
That's eleven photos for this post.

No comments: