Welcome to my blog Upstate Girl, (a.k.a Follow Your Bliss Part II), I am an independently published author. This blog is all about writing and the stuff that inspires me to write, the joys and obstacles that come along with the writer's life, and my fascination with the psychology of people and what makes them tick...the human condition, as is...and my love for words, playing with them and making sense of them...and I throw in a few photos from my acre of the world just to make things pretty...sometimes there are things I have no words for, only pictures will do.

*Copyright notice* All photos, writing, and artwork are mine (
© Laura J. Wellner), unless otherwise noted, please be a peach, if you'd like to use my work for a project or you just love it and must have it, message me and we'll work out the details...it's simple...JUST ASK, please.

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Digital Sketchbook...


Grape Vine and Leaf, 11/25/2011
White Leaf

Grape Vines

Mock Orange Leaves

The Tangle on the Fence

Peony Leaves

Hosta Leaves

Hosta Leaf

I've been up and down, and all around...the turkey turned out perfect, the dinner was a spread of all spreads, I out-did myself again...Thanksgiving is thankfully come and gone...I'm resting quietly today, taking a load off to hopefully stay out of FMS flare-up land...this is always a "dance" that I must step lightly along and gently...trying not to set off that wretched bomb that ticks under my skin, in my connective tissues and joints, in the cartilage between my ribs, and in my head where there's something going on in the wiring of my brain that sends wayward signals or something...

Whatever...does anyone really know what Fibromyalgia is? (Other than a gianormous pain!)

I'm just damn lucky that I'm on the upside of whatever it is and I didn't have a flare-up start in the midst of all of the prep and festivities...I did all right. I can't complain...and so here I am, I'm surrounded by sleepy kitties and a snoring dog, so I'm pretty close to nap time myself...it feels good to have the option to not do a damn thing today!

Hi, Popeye! What a perky pair of ears you have!
Monday the stitches come out and the "fancy" collar goes away...we can't wait!

3 comments:

Linda Robinson said...

Dear Laura, Have you plans for a book of your photos, maybe by season? Beautiful.

Laura J. Wellner (author pseudonym Laura J. W. Ryan) said...

I always have plans...a book, yes (more than one, one of seasons for sure)...and a limited edition portfolio of prints is also in consideration...it's just picking the pictures that will be the hard part!

Jay Paoloni said...

Dear Laura,
Let me congratulate you on your blog and your published stories and novel.
The pictures you posted are truly beautiful and I concur with Linda.

I am a professional actor and a passionate freelance writer.
I also have a blog where I write about acting, writing, and anything else related to them. I'm a keen student of psychology, and I apply what I learn to my character preparation and to my understanding of novels and fictional characters.
I was looking for followers and I ran into your blog. I think you might be interested in what I write. If that is so, I would be glad to have you as a follower, commenting anytime you would like to share some feedback.

Congratulations again on your achievements.

All the best,
Jay Paoloni
jacopopaoloni.blogspot.com