Welcome to my blog Upstate Girl, (a.k.a Follow Your Bliss Part II), I am an independently published author. This blog is all about writing and the stuff that inspires me to write, the joys and obstacles that come along with the writer's life, and my fascination with the psychology of people and what makes them tick...the human condition, as is...and my love for words, playing with them and making sense of them...and I throw in a few photos from my acre of the world just to make things pretty...sometimes there are things I have no words for, only pictures will do.

*Copyright notice* All photos, writing, and artwork are mine (
© Laura J. Wellner), unless otherwise noted, please be a peach, if you'd like to use my work for a project or you just love it and must have it, message me and we'll work out the details...it's simple...JUST ASK, please.

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

From the Garden...

Peony Abstraction
 I've been busy editing Fishbowl and painting up a storm in preparation for an art show at Szozda Gallery, I'm reading a lot too...between the ever growing stack of 'to be read' books that I've found recently and visits to Red Lemonade for quick dips in some extraordinary new work. I'm feeling full to the brim with words...and of course, my garden takes up my spare time, the blooms are coming and going faster than I can enjoy them! I think I go through this bit of despair every year...the peony's are almost all done, and they were giant blooms, but of course, no sooner do they open, the rain comes and beats the snot out of the poor things...and once you pick one, they drop their petals by the next day...all done for another year, already.


Peony portrait
Fragment, Moth Wing

Rose

Collage of debris
Peony   

1 comment:

Katie Elizabeth said...

Great photo! You have a very unique look in your photography :)

xo katie elizabeth
ohheyylife.blogspot.com