Welcome to my blog Upstate Girl, (a.k.a Follow Your Bliss Part II), I am an independently published author. This blog is all about writing and the stuff that inspires me to write, the joys and obstacles that come along with the writer's life, and my fascination with the psychology of people and what makes them tick...the human condition, as is...and my love for words, playing with them and making sense of them...and I throw in a few photos from my acre of the world just to make things pretty...sometimes there are things I have no words for, only pictures will do.

*Copyright notice* All photos, writing, and artwork are mine (
© Laura J. Wellner), unless otherwise noted, please be a peach, if you'd like to use my work for a project or you just love it and must have it, message me and we'll work out the details...it's simple...JUST ASK, please.

Sunday, May 15, 2011

I've started my 49th trip around the sun...






These are a collection of stones that I found amongst the pea gravel on my patio...there's something quiet and meditative about picking through these tiny stones and finding little treasures...my house is full of this stuff...they are currently sitting on the arm of the chair outside for future photos...




My birthday was on Monday...I'm good with the aging process, I can't really complain about it...I think I was more uptight about "growing old" when I was younger. Truth of the matter, I still feel like I did when I was nine-years-old...I felt like an old soul and I was still enjoying the wonder of a sunny day and the whole being alive thing...but there was this bit inside of me that just wanted to 'get on with it', I was impatient, there was something I wanted to do, but didn't know what it was...well...somethings haven't changed. I'm at a good place, I've written a few novels and I'm making art that I adore, I'm following my bliss as I should. Overall, I'm satisfied, and I know there will be more. I've come to realize recently while walking with my dog that I'm in a transitional time, again...I've been a little bit moody, a little bit achy, tired, and impatient...that old soul is making a fuss again I suppose. The only thing to do about it is to go with it...



1 comment:

Linda Robinson said...

Wishing you many more trips lit by the sun, and a dandy tour of the inner world, too!