Welcome to my blog Upstate Girl, (a.k.a Follow Your Bliss Part II), I am an independently published author. This blog is all about writing and the stuff that inspires me to write, the joys and obstacles that come along with the writer's life, and my fascination with the psychology of people and what makes them tick...the human condition, as is...and my love for words, playing with them and making sense of them...and I throw in a few photos from my acre of the world just to make things pretty...sometimes there are things I have no words for, only pictures will do.

*Copyright notice* All photos, writing, and artwork are mine (
© Laura J. Wellner), unless otherwise noted, please be a peach, if you'd like to use my work for a project or you just love it and must have it, message me and we'll work out the details...it's simple...JUST ASK, please.

Sunday, October 10, 2010

10 10 10

One leaf

The golden tree

Sunshine in the tree

Frost this morning

Frost on weeds

Frost on burdock leaf

Shadow on the driveway, made by the mock orange branch
It was a beautiful morning...a flood of sunshine, golden leaves, and our first frost...a beautiful day for porch sitting...

4 comments:

Pat said...

You make the east coast seem so lovely. Even if you do have frost on burdock leaves this early in the fall. Brrr. We just went through a mammoth heat wave and I was wishing I could store that heat and take it out later when I needed to wear two sweaters. But I will be the first to admit that I am a wimp in regards to cold weather.
I do enjoy your photos!

Anonymous said...

ah, my golden girl of such beautiful photographs! LOVE these b&w! i have a vision of you writing prose to match these photos! good things to do in the deep NY winters!

Unknown said...

Can you believe it is still in the 90s here in the desert. We have no fall colors at all. Never mind the frost.

Laura J. Wellner (author pseudonym Laura J. W. Ryan) said...

We might get our first snow on Thursday night...so there might be a dusting or just soggy flakes falling and melting as soon as they hit the ground...it's a wait n' see and it depends on where you are...in the higher elevations where I live there is more chance of a dusting...and so it begins...winter in Upstate New York!