Welcome to my blog Upstate Girl, (a.k.a Follow Your Bliss Part II), I am an independently published author. This blog is all about writing and the stuff that inspires me to write, the joys and obstacles that come along with the writer's life, and my fascination with the psychology of people and what makes them tick...the human condition, as is...and my love for words, playing with them and making sense of them...and I throw in a few photos from my acre of the world just to make things pretty...sometimes there are things I have no words for, only pictures will do.

*Copyright notice* All photos, writing, and artwork are mine (
© Laura J. Wellner), unless otherwise noted, please be a peach, if you'd like to use my work for a project or you just love it and must have it, message me and we'll work out the details...it's simple...JUST ASK, please.

Monday, September 13, 2010

Shadows


Shadow me, shadow dog...he follows me everywhere!
Shadows on the wall...

Shadow of the pillar and spirea...
I had a devil of a time capturing this little guy's shadow!
As you can see, I collected a few shadows from the acre over the last couple of weeks...
 
Summer appears to be winding down, I spent much of Saturday catching some sun on my porch... yesterday rained, and the rest of this week seems to be set to rain...
I wrote a lot... editing Drinking from the Fishbowl, I'm up to chapter 9 of part one...it's been moving along faster now, the first four chapters were a bit laborious because I had made lots of changes to them when I last went through (2008), and I left lots of ragged edges that needed to be tidied up, and now that I seem to be finally in my rhythm of doing, I intend to push on through to the end, making adjustments along the way. I made some changes yesterday that caused changes to other manuscripts in future books yet to be published, which is fine, something as small as changing what was once a phone call summoning someone to be somewhere, is now a friend driving a friend to where she should be really makes a difference in the telling of a tale, it also binds the two characters in a special way too... now is the time to do such things...so I had to go to the files and leave some notes for future reference. All of the characters in each book know one another in some way, so they overlap and run into one another continually, and have their influence along the way...

I worked on some artwork and of course, some photos...it was a productive weekend! But today is Monday, I'm tired. Feeling a bit rough, I've been on my feet all day and feeling a bit stressed out. I need to relax...easier said than done!
 
 

   



4 comments:

Mary Elizabeth said...

I came across your blog on GoodReads - I love it!!! Can't wait to look around more ... p/s - great to see other fellow cat-lovers!!

Pat said...

Your shadows are so like a half remembered dream. My favorite is the caterpillar. How can you pass your camera without wanting to pick it up. I always enjoy your photos.
What happened to the painting?

Laura J. Wellner (author pseudonym Laura J. W. Ryan) said...

Still painting, lots of work in progress, and I've been making some new drawings...I'm thinking about collages from scraps of paper I've been collecting... fun stuff like that!

Lisa Ursu said...

I have 2 shadow dogs, and 2 shawdow cats myself.
Love the post!