Welcome to my blog Upstate Girl, (a.k.a Follow Your Bliss Part II), I am an independently published author. This blog is all about writing and the stuff that inspires me to write, the joys and obstacles that come along with the writer's life, and my fascination with the psychology of people and what makes them tick...the human condition, as is...and my love for words, playing with them and making sense of them...and I throw in a few photos from my acre of the world just to make things pretty...sometimes there are things I have no words for, only pictures will do.

*Copyright notice* All photos, writing, and artwork are mine (
© Laura J. Wellner), unless otherwise noted, please be a peach, if you'd like to use my work for a project or you just love it and must have it, message me and we'll work out the details...it's simple...JUST ASK, please.

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Pumpkin colored boy cats...

The boys were snoozing by the woodstove on a blue blanket...I went outside with my camera leaving my kitty boys inside...last week our leaves were in full gold and the sky blue...


It was a gray day...
...in a weeks time we now have bare trees...

The morning sky framed by sumac and grape vine...


Milkweed set free on the wind!


7 comments:

Leslie Avon Miller said...

Beautiful lines, colors and earthiness.

Four Seasons in a Life said...

Our tree too was covered in yellows and browns but nothing like yours, such a brilliant rich yellow. Just like you, all the leaves are gone and mulched today.

Love your cats.

Thank you for sharing and have a wonderful Sunday,
Egmont

Pat said...

If you put your kitties in those trees, it would by like the Chesire cat(s). Those cats are wonderful. Are they brothers or just brothers in the skin?

Laura J. Wellner (author pseudonym Laura J. W. Ryan) said...

The two golden boys are from the same barn, (when we moved here in 1995, there was a population of feral cats living in the barn across the road from our acre)...but the boys have different mothers (a tortie named Miss Charlotte and a calico named, Calico), possibly the same father, a big yellow tom...my big gray n' white fellow, Willy Big is Fatty Woo's brother from a different litter, different father, but Fatty Woo was born in Spring, Willy Big in late summer (Miss Charlotte was a busy mommy cat!) Little Picky-Picky is Tiggy-Pooh's sister (tho' she's a year older), same mom cat named Calico ...I believe her father is Willy Big's father (a big gray tom cat with a white bib and mittens)...it's quite the tangled mess when you think about how mom-cats can have babies from multiple mates. I just remember seeing these VERY pregnant mama cats waddling around the acre ready to pop while there was still snow on the ground in early April, then they disappeared for weeks and finally emerging with their kittens in training by Memorial Day weekend...OMG they were so cute!

Ummm...Charlie the Doo-Hicky is the only one unrelated. He's definitely his own thing.

Gwen Buchanan said...

Hahaha... Your response is so funny with all those hilarious Kitty names, have you thought of doing a childrens book about them???

Laura J. Wellner (author pseudonym Laura J. W. Ryan) said...

My Fred has mentioned that I should do a children's book...I started one once with pen and ink illustrations of our wee Picky-Picky...it was a Halloween tale about a scaredy-cat...the drawings are tucked away safe in one of many archival storage boxes chock full of a lifetime of artwork...maybe someday I'll revisit the idea...

Caterina Giglio said...

mmmmm gorgeous textures and shapes, just beautiful!