Welcome to my blog Upstate Girl, (a.k.a Follow Your Bliss Part II), I am an independently published author. This blog is all about writing and the stuff that inspires me to write, the joys and obstacles that come along with the writer's life, and my fascination with the psychology of people and what makes them tick...the human condition, as is...and my love for words, playing with them and making sense of them...and I throw in a few photos from my acre of the world just to make things pretty...sometimes there are things I have no words for, only pictures will do.

*Copyright notice* All photos, writing, and artwork are mine (
© Laura J. Wellner), unless otherwise noted, please be a peach, if you'd like to use my work for a project or you just love it and must have it, message me and we'll work out the details...it's simple...JUST ASK, please.

Sunday, July 26, 2009

This year, I'm taller than the sunflowers...and sadly, I don't have very many of them, it's this crappy cold and rainy summer we're having...

As you can see, Crouching Tigger-Hidden Pooh has found plenty of catnip...
I have so much catnip in the garden it's no wonder I don't have every cat in the county in my yard...
I was chasing flutter-byes yesterday...the Tiger and Admiral settled happily on the Cone Flowers (they're doing just fine in spite of the weather!)
My weedy garden...
This is Love in the Mist...I have no idea how I got it in my garden, probably came in a mixed packet that I sprinkled around once...I really love this little white flower!

Close up of Love in the Mist blooming...

When I wasn't chasing flutter-byes and photographing flowers yesterday (it was a rare, hot summer day yesterday, it was GORGEOUS!) I was painting on my portable studio table (I'll post pictures of that over at Follow Your Bliss) and working on The Fractured Hues of White Light...I'm visiting with chapter 3 (again) and juggled some sentences around (again)...there's a paragraph that I'd like to find a new home for, but it seems happy right where it is this morning...I'll leave it alone for now. I'll read the rest of the chapter today...it's really come together quite nicely...

My Goodreads giveaway of Dusty Waters: A Ghost Story ends midnight tonight! I'm so thrilled with the response that it has gotten...I really don't know what it means yet, but I intend to keep muddling along in search of readers...

Thanks for stopping by!

Looking out the window, it's hard to tell if it's going to rain or not...the prevalent gray has come back, tho' it's warmer (mid-70's already), thunderstorms likely later with another cold front passing through...(psst...we don't need any more rain, I wish it would rain somewhere else, preferably somewhere that needs it!)

No comments: