Welcome to my blog Upstate Girl, (a.k.a Follow Your Bliss Part II), I am an independently published author. This blog is all about writing and the stuff that inspires me to write, the joys and obstacles that come along with the writer's life, and my fascination with the psychology of people and what makes them tick...the human condition, as is...and my love for words, playing with them and making sense of them...and I throw in a few photos from my acre of the world just to make things pretty...sometimes there are things I have no words for, only pictures will do.

*Copyright notice* All photos, writing, and artwork are mine (
© Laura J. Wellner), unless otherwise noted, please be a peach, if you'd like to use my work for a project or you just love it and must have it, message me and we'll work out the details...it's simple...JUST ASK, please.

Friday, June 19, 2009

Catching up...

Tiger swallow-tail and phlox...the flutter-bye didn't land long enough for a decent shot...I like the sense of motion in this one...

Oh happy day, I'm vacation! I'm going to be gone long enough to know how it will feel to be retired...but not long enough to forget my place...yup, come June 30th, I'm going to be going bed kicking and screaming, NOOOOO, I don't wanna go back to work! Ah, well, I'll get over it...at least it will be a short week that first one back...

For now I'm catching up with myself...I'm in bed with my back being crappy, the heating pad is my best friend...the elliptical is teasing me to go for a ride (Gotta keep up your strength, lady! Come on, you know you'll feel good once you've cranked out a mile...) Oh, yes, I can put on my mp3 player, listen to three songs and jam out a mile in no time...stick a fork in me, I'm done...not now, maybe later...I need some quiet time...

As you can see, I've finally downloaded all of those pictures on my camera...
The hummingbird nest...I have yet to get a decent shot of the mommy in the nest...she buzzes me...and when she comes to the feeder, she gives me the stink-eye and then poops on me...it isn't the worst poop in the world to deal with...

The gang's all here! Just before the latest round of rain, my irises were so pretty...I'll need to do some dividing this fall...everything is soggy and saggy now...but once we dry out, there's more things to bloom, and it's going to get pretty again quick!

The softest, sweetest ears in the world belong to my Max...they're especially nice in the sunshine, he gets such a sweet smell, like being at the beach or something, I wish I could bottle it, a good dog smell...he's going to be sooooo spoiled having me at home...

I started with the flutter-bye, ending with the flutter-bye...

No comments: